Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Color is Key to Brand Recognition

The psychology of color as it relates to persuasion is one of the most interesting aspects of marketing.
I was on a mission to create a label that set my product apart from anything that was on the shelf. I believed I could accomplish this not only with an interesting and intriguing character, but with the use of color. Those colors would speak powerful, convincing words to my customers.
The bright yellow bikini and sun in the sky would invoke happiness, while the blue of the water would represent peace, tranquility and escape from the stress of our lives. The green leaves represent power, nature and health - appropriate because Senorita Limonita promotes a lifetime of health, fitness and a cocktail mix that contains ingredients that are healthy and give you energy!


SL_LogoBasic.jpg
Orange is bright and peppy like her unique personality. Purple, often linked to respect and wisdom, strongly promotes a sense of creativity and stimulates problem solving - an essential element since Senorita Limonita solves two of the biggest consumer complaints about margarita mixes in the market.
In a unique, solid way, color offers an instantaneous method for conveying meaning and message without the use of words. For a business to effectively own a color, can provide it with a tremendous competitive advantage. Achieving instant recognition without a logo or even the mention of the name is the power of color done right.
Colors have a significant impact on people’s emotional state, and can increase the brand’s recognition up to 80%. Research has reinforced that 60% of the time people will decide if they are attracted or not to a message simply based on the color alone!
Normally it is a difficult task to select a color to represent your business. It’s not an easy process to determine how a color will affect you brand knowing that those colors are most effective when consumers believe that the brand’s color “fits” that brand.
I was completely unaware when I created Senorita Limonita’s playful character and bright yellow bikini that I would be branding the color sunshine yellow, nor was I aware that it is proven to catch the eye quicker than any other color. I am very pleased to watch this development and to know how perfect it is for a product that is all about fun! This phenomena simply happened.
Yellow Truck.jpgYellow Balloon.jpg
I embarked on a new awareness - a lifestyle that is all about YELLOW. I witness yellow everywhere I go. Yellow helicopters often fly by as well as yellow motorcycles, cars and trucks driving by. One time, I was walking on a sidewalk and a yellow balloon dropped out of a tree right before me! I knew I was on the right path!
“Brands are born, not created.” ~ Jane Lauder
Target has red, Barbie has pink, John Deere has green, and Senorita Limonita has Sunshine Yellow - the color of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment