Sunday, November 20, 2016

Building a Brand Involves RiskTaking

Life is a daring adventure that is all about taking risks. When building a brand, you have to step into your greatness and believe in your dream until the whole world does too.

I began preparations for my trip to Cabo. Still processing the fact that I had become my fictional character Senorita Limonita, I now realized I had become a bikini model as well. Certainly not something I had planned for!

The Ujena Jam is the oldest and largest swimwear model and photographer search in the world. The first Jam was held at the Beverly Hills Hotel in 1984. Since then, thousands of aspiring models and creative photographers from all parts of the world have participated in the Ujena Jam program.
Every October, Calfornia based Ujena swimwear travels to historic Cabo San Lucas to take quality images of their bikini line. Good photography requires good light, and the lighting conditions in Cabo that time of the year are considered ideal.
Senorita Is A Bikini Model!.jpg
The VERY FIRST Limonita Bikini!
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.
You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
I had no clue as to how to be a bikini model, so I situated myself in front of  my computer to perform research on this subject. Determined to make this happen, I also studied YouTube videos on bikini model posing.
Upon my arrival at the Ujena Jam in October 2010, I proceeded to observe the behavior of the other bikini models and mimicked their actions. I asked photographers what kind of  details they were looking for in their photo compositions as well as their suggestions for poses. Informative workshops were provided on photography, posing and makeup. Everyone was friendly and supportive - like a big family! I received a wealth of information in a world unknown to me.

The name of the game for a product like Senorita Limonita is exposure and my friends at Ujena were open to anyone with a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment