Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Everything Begins With An Idea. Success Is Up to You!

I always encourage people to think bigger and to think out of the box. You have the unique ability to create and change your world if you desire.
My dream started when I filed a corporation in Arizona - April 2010. At that moment, my job was to create a unique name for the amazing drink I had developed. I knew nothing about getting a beverage to market, but there was a whole new world out there. If I struggled in the beginning to get  the product into stores, I would persist to build the business on the internet.

My next door neighbor at the time was Steve - a delightful gentleman known as “The Margarita Man.”  He had created a delicious on the rocks margarita that clearly was his pride and joy, and his bar was always open to friends. He would smile and say, “If the light is on, come on over, I’m making margaritas!”

Steve’s lovely wife Cynthia would be there helping. She always made a point of letting everyone know that she wasn’t Hispanic. She referred to herself “a real Mexican,” and always joked that she was a MexiCAN and not a MexiCAN’T as she went about her daily duties. Passionate about her culture, she became an inspiration to me.

“If you can dream it, you can do it.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney


One day, Steve was mixing margaritas and adding that special juicy slice of lime to the margarita glass rims. Cynthia said to me, “You know, Debbi, in Mexico, we don’t have lemons and limes, we have limons. They are small and round with a light green color.” A light bulb immediately went off in my head!




After I finished my margarita, I headed home to do some internet research on the word limon as well as a search of the word Limonita. The name seemed intriguing enough and similar to the word margarita that I thought people might wonder - does the cocktail mix contain lemons, limes, or limons? After further research in the U.S. Government trademark office files, I was very pleased that Limonita was available. You work hard for your business, so it must be protected with a trademark. I submitted my application and the ball was rolling in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment