Monday, November 14, 2016

Magic Is Believing in Yourself and Making It Happen!

Walt Disney had an immense impact on both the entertainment industry and the popular culture of the 20th century, He created the first cartoons with synchronized sound, the first full-length animated feature film and the first theme park.

Disney did not have a happy childhood. He escaped his father’s brutality through drawing. With pen and ink, he created his own fantasy world where people were always happy.

He endured many struggles, beginning with the formation of an animation company in Kansas City in 1921. He made a deal with a distribution company in New York to ship them his cartoons and get paid six months down the road. He ended up being forced to dissolve his company, could not pay his rent and survived by eating dog food and cans of beans.

In 1927, MGM studios told Walt that the idea of a giant mouse on the screen would never work because it would terrify women. Today, Mickey Mouse is his most famous creation and a universally recognized icon. Disney’s magic continues to touch the lives of many generations to come, and is a genuine inspiration to me.

, “I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.”
-Walt Disney

When I was a young girl, I loved to draw. I was raised by an aunt and uncle who believed that children should be seen and not heard, so I spent the majority of my childhood in my room. I especially loved drawing people and animals. One develops an imagination in this environment, and I believe that somehow influenced me today.
I had developed a trademark name and had a manufacturer for my product. I was at a stage of my business that I needed a spokesperson. Not having enough money in my budget to hire one, I decided to create my own.

I envisioned a unique character that would represent the amazing tropical cocktail mix that I developed . . someone interesting and intriguing. That character would tell a story of the development of this product, how its distribution would spread throughout the US and the world. Her story would include traveling and experiences in tropical locales throughout the globe as she promoted her product. I knew that the future of advertising was telling a story!

In June of 2010, I created Senorita Limonita. I sat down at the table and drew her out in black and white. Fit and healthy, she represents a product that contains a plethora of healthy ingredients. Her intriguing and interesting look invites you to take a sip of her delicious drink! I immediately created her very own Facebook page, and she introduced herself as follows: “Hi, my name is Senorita Limonita. I developed the most delicious margarita mix on the planet. I will be sharing it with you soon!”

20161115_102545.jpg

Early Stage Senorita Limonita

The thing I did not know was what lie ahead and the amazing impact this character would have on my life and the lives of others. I only knew one thing - she was going to make people happy all over the world!












No comments:

Post a Comment