Sunday, November 27, 2016

Uniquely Defining Your Iconic Brand


Entrepreneurship is a challenging game. The road to business success, both online and offline, is a long and bumpy one. I was even prepared to be hit by a Mack truck or two. The truth is, once you decide to leave the safety net of your day job to build your own business, you are stepping onto a crazy rollercoaster ride. I could certainly identify with this, since I had already manifested myself into my fictional character Senorita Limonita, become a bikini model and a runner. I was about to experience the next step of my journey.
“A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.”  - Richard Branson
On the tip of Baja’s Western Peninsula lies an area known as Two Seas, One Paradise. It is a magical place where the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez unite. There is a 20 mile coastal corridor that links two picture perfect towns, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo.  It is also home to the Arch at Lands End, an amazing natural rock formation where the ocean meets the sea.
Ujena Jam’s next scheduled event was a golf tournament, and it was mandatory that all participating bikini models don a stunning pink outfit and assist the golfers in making that putt!  It is a pin girl’s responsibility to tend or remove the pin while the golfer is putting. Pins need to be tended when the ball is in such a location that golfers have trouble seeing the hole. To tend a pin, one must stand with one hand on it, and be prepared to remove the pin after the putt has been made. If the ball is close enough to the hole so the golfer can see it while putting, the pin can be removed right away.
I continued the feeling of maneuvering the road to success as I witnessed swing by swing. The combination of sea, sunshine, mountains, coupled with immaculate fairways and greens took my breath away! For the first time, I became a pin girl!
Pin Girl 2010.jpg
Every day of my experience with the Ujena Bikini Jam was filled with adventure, and I reveled in the manner in which Senorita Limonita was brought to life! The Jam managed to uniquely define her iconic brand by this particular moment of notoriety.
As crazy as my story seems, it is these type of accounts that are relevant today to understanding the intricacies of corporate life as such events occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment