Friday, November 18, 2016

Taking a Chance on YOU!

There are two kinds of people. One stands at the edge of the water with the temporary satisfaction of being safe. These people are taught not to trust their dreams or ideas. They will never experience the paralyzing fear of stepping onto a stage for their first event. Another enthusiastically jumps in the water! They jump out screaming “It’s COLD!” but they end up swimming, splashing and laughing!

If you stand at the edge of the water,  you will never reap the greatest reward of what can happen when you move outside of your comfort zone!

At this point, I was still pondering the fact that I had become my fictional character Senorita Limonita and I was going to Cabo San Lucas!
As the date of the event drew closer, Senorita Limonita received another communication from Catherine Cross. She said, “I’m looking at you in that sunshine yellow bikini. We used to make a bikini like that a couple of years ago. I think we need to bring it back. You can have it on your website and we will have it on ours. We will call it the Limonita Bikini after your drink.”
I saw this message and thought, Heck, ya! Let’s do this! This will be a great cross marketing program! Senorita sent back a Facebook message to Catherine indicating her enthusiastic approval.

“What would happen if you gave yourself permission to do something
you’ve never done before? There’s only one way to find out.”

A week later, I discovered a tiny UPS package on my doorstep. I took a picture of the box with my camera and went inside. I opened up the package and said, “WHOA!” Here was the very first Limonita bikini and it was an intense YELLOW!

I immediately went to my computer where Senorita expressed her gratitude. She said, “Catherine, thank you so much for this fabulous, new sunshine yellow bikini. I am going to wear this bikini to all of my promotional events.”

Now, Catherine had looked at my personal Facebook page. She knew who REALLY was coming to Cabo in October! She decided I was photogenic, so she sent yet another message to Senorita. She said, “Senorita Limonita, you’re coming to Cabo to promote your margarita mix and this fabulous new sunshine yellow bikini. Why don’t you model it for us while you are here?”

The Picture That Started It All!.jpg

Once again, I am on a mission to get my margarita mix to the world, and once again, something was going to have to change! I had no experience in modeling, but this was going to have to happen regardless. It HAD to happen! Senorita sent a message to Catherine that she would be delighted to model the very first Limonita bikini!

So often, fear stifles our thinking and actions and creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. Life is full of risks. If you never jump in with both feet, you will never know. I was willing to take that risk.








No comments:

Post a Comment