Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Experiences Can Make Your Business Thrive!


Being in business teaches a person not only how to act and what makes them thrive and flounder, but to see what trouble they can get into if left to their own devices. It’s certainly amazing to experience!


The days at the Ujena Bikini Jam were filled with photo shoots taken at the hotel, exotic beaches and the streets of Cabo San Lucas. Of course, no event is complete without parties. The Ujena Bikini Jam included an Opening Night Celebration, Clubkini Party, Costume Party and an Awards Celebration on the final night!

I was having a wonderful time meeting people from different countries and different places.  I served drinks, promoted the Limonita cocktail mix and was proud to debut the sunshine yellow Limonita bikini at this prestigious event!
Cabo 2010.jpgCabo 2010 1.jpgBob and I Costume Party.jpg
Then came the night of the Maxim Bisbee’s Clubkini Party. I asked, “What’s that?” I was first informed that there exists a Mexican version of Maxim magazine and that they would be present. I said “What’s Bisbee other than a mining town in Arizona?” They looked at me as if I should know better and said, “Debbi, it’s the largest sport fishing tournament in the world!”
The official name is Bisbee’s Black & Blue Marlin Tournament. In the evenings, I gazed out at the horizon with the setting sun’s reflection in the water, and counted over 100 fishing yachts at a given time cruising into Cabo after their day’s catch. Thousands of people crowded the marina walkways to watch huge fish being weighed in at the scales in front of the world famous Puerto Paraiso Entertainment Plaza. It is amazing to watch the individual boats unload as many as 50-100 beautiful, colorful fish in all shapes and sizes.
The role of the bikini models that evening was to go to a club in downtown Cabo San Lucas  Our instructions were to wear a Ujena bikini top and our choice of skirt, pants, or shorts.  Of course, Senorita Limonita wore her signature sunshine yellow top and thought, “This will be easy. I can do this!”  All I have to do is walk around and talk to people.
“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” -Sara Blakely
We were 30 models on a bus on the way to the club, when something unexpected happened. It was announced that, “Oh, while we are there tonight, we are going to do a RUNWAY!” I thought, oh my god, I don’t know how to do this! I didn’t feel quite as bad when I found out that none of the other models had done a runway either. They said you’re bikini model or you’re a runway model, you don’t do both. Thank goodness they weren’t in their comfort zone either!
I gazed around the corner from the dressing room at an LED interactive dance floor in the center of the club. Our role was to go to all four corners and stop, then go the center to stop twice and pose. I was definitely outside of my comfort zone but, like the others, it was was something we had to do.  The lively streets of Cabo San Lucas were filled with people that were there to party, and the club was packed to capacity! Photography cameras were flashing and film cameras were rolling. What transpired could pretty much be described as organized chaos full of hard-core excitement!
All the while I kept realizing that not only had I become my fictional character Senorita Limonita, but I was a bikini model, a runner, and now a runway model!  It was a once in a lifetime experience, and I was definitely along for the ride in the development of my brand!


No comments:

Post a Comment