Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Make the Right Choice in the Business You Partner With!

In marketing, we take great pride in coming up with fresh ideas. Cross marketing can be a great way to promote your business!  It’s very important to find a company that offers products and/or services that complement and mesh well with what your business offers. With this type of partnership, the two businesses can promote their own and the other’s business products simultaneously. Making the right choice with the business you partner with is vital, with the ultimate goal of enhancing your business and vice versa.

As the Limonita trade name continued its process through the US Patent Trademark Office, I was diligently working on the creation of my website. As soon as the first product run of Limonita was manufactured, I wanted to be poised and ready to accept orders. As I neared completion, I looked at Senorita Limonita and thought to myself - she's hot, she's sexy and she wears a sunshine yellow bikini! I thought, wouldn't it be amazing fun to partner with a swimwear manufacturer so that when a woman went on my website and purchased a bikini, that I got a percentage of the sale? It would be easy because I wouldn't even have to carry any inventory!

“Marketing is a lot like jazz. Its beauty isn’t in the predictable notes; it’s in the improvisation. So prepare, be open, let go, and adjust.” — Kathy Klotz-Guest

I knew there had to be strong connection between the two businesses. Where easier could I find one than on the internet? I spent three solid weeks researching the top swimwear manufacturers in the world. I was especially intrigued by a company called Ujena Swimwear. They are located in Mountain View, CA just south of San Francisco, and all of their swimwear is hand crafted in the United States.

I’ve personally purchased many bikinis from reputable companies and noted that the tags always say Made In China, Made in Vietnam, etc. so this was a refreshing change! I reviewed their website in great detail and found  that it contained information about health and bikini body fitness. Knowing that my character, Senorita Limonita, was passionate about fitness and keeping her bikini body in shape, this seemed like a unique partnership that could develop into an excellent cross marketing program.

I was particularly interested in the founder of Ujena Swimwear. Bob Anderson founded Runners World Magazine at the age of 17 with $100. He sold it in 1984 for 23 Million, and founded Ujena Swimwear. A runner, photographer and film producer, he has been running for 53 years.

20161116_180232.jpg

I called up the company in July of 2010, and was put in touch with a woman by the name of Catherine. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation, and could clearly see that she was full of passion, vision and tons of great ideas. She was someone I wanted to have on my team! I proceeded to sign up as an Affiliate Marketer with Ujena Swimwear and included their link on Senorita’s website.

I could not have imagined what was going to happen next . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment